Friday, October 2, 2009

HE-MAN COWARDS


















I feel anger for a man who thinks like this
That he gains respect with his iron fist
Who beats his wife over all or nothing
Forgets where he placed his wedding ring
His strength is there to forever defend her
And not for playing the big pretender
In public smiles and holding hands
In private blatant punches he lands
She tells the doctor she fell down stairs
“He didn’t hit me” she always swears
Now it’s her, that’s acting defender
To him she will always surrender
Through thick through thin or on the edge
He forgets that when he made his pledge
To have and to hold and forever cherish
Is different than “do what I say or perish”
He treats his wife with utter disgust
Uses her only to satisfy his selfish lust
Men like this are cowards, they live on the border
Between sanity and an acute brain disorder
If a real man confronted him and told him he was vile
This privately hard man would turn and run a mile
For his wife something fundamental is sadly amiss
She is always the only loser in a situation like this
This is not a mere drop in the ocean
As men like these are not out in the open
The poor women have so much more to lose
So they just shut up and take all the abuse
These monsters are aware of these facts
So they continue with their violent acts
I do not know the answer, but I know the score
Something has to be done must amend a law
These women must be protected and assured a future
Offered help, to escape this physical and mental torture

3 comments:

G S Pillai said...

I can see you share my anger at domestic violence. I am following you.

India vice verser said...

Thank you bluebird and yes I do feel very strongly about it.
Perhaps we could meet up sometime.
With our Royal Enfields would be a good start.

G S Pillai said...

Yup. There's a group ride coming up this month, to Waynad district, probably the weekend of 17 to 19th. I might personally not be taking part in this one, but i could introduce you if you wish. Due to some technical snag, following your blog is creating problems in my dashboard, so I am stopping it, though I promise to visit often. Regards
dr.gspillai@gmail.com
9846899906