Friday, October 2, 2009

The Colours Of My Love


















From the first moment I saw your face
My eyes filled with a purple haze
From the first time I spoke to you
I blushed with a pinkish hue
Am I looking through rose coloured glasses
Or was I succeeding with my flirtatious passes
I decided to cut all the red tape
And trust fully in the hands of fate
You said that I was a very bold fellow
If I’m anything I’m certainly not yellow
I asked you to accompany me
On a trip to the azure sea
As we lay upon the golden sand
I reached and kissed ivory hand
The sky turned a disturbing black
Come my love we must hurry back
Next day under a still grey sky
I saw you with another guy
I was browned off, going green
Trying to fathom what I’d seen
Would the air turn to darkest blue
Will I have to fight this man over you
I went red when you said it was your brother
Now was the time to introduce you to my Mother
She was tickled pink that I had found a girl
Who she thought was a precious pearl
She whispered that we should wed
And share whatever lay ahead
I asked you on that very night
If you were prepared to wear a dress of white
And walk with me, the alabaster aisle
Your rose red lips formed a smile
Your answer gave me a honey glow
And I would be your forever beau
On that day under the sky so blue
The day we both said so true “I do”
You were more beautiful I have to say
Than your lilac, rose and lily bouquet

No comments: