Thursday, February 11, 2010

Black Bess - Mess
















I have a Royal Enfield, I call her Black Bess
She’s getting old and her wirings a mess
She has become a large part of my life
But this comment I always get from my wife
“I think that you love her much more than me”
When I explained she just could not see
That I love you both in equal measure
For you both give me so much pleasure
And in some ways you and my bike
Are so similar, so very much alike
It is here I must have had a mental block
For I expounded, mentioning the miles on the clock
And that in the mornings she needed a few kicks
Words like “temperamental” “stubborn” I added to the mix
And like her colour, your moods can be black
In these periods you’re both prone to kickback
By this time my wife was getting overheated
“Familiar” I thought as I slowly retreated
All this, on my part was a mistake I guess
Because my wife blew a gasket and so did Black Bess

© Ray Gorringe 2010

No comments: