Saturday, January 16, 2010

Computer Dating

















I met an old friend the other week
Still single, always the Geek
Thick rimmed glasses and an Elvis quiff
A little too proper and decidedly stiff

He said that he has trouble getting a date
Thought perhaps it was getting too late
He said Ray “what can I do?”
I want to be married and happy like you

I said Dave you’re the computer guru
Try computer dating that’s what you do
You could meet the girl you desire
Better do it now before you retire

So that night he made some Bournvita
Logged on and Googled, hoping he’d meet her
He found a site that could work out fine
“Mega Bit Dating Agency” here for you, all the time

He signed up and paid with his plastic
Fifty dollars was a little drastic
But what the hell, if it works for me
I’ll give it a try we’ll see what we see

He had the obligatory form to fill in
Age, occupation, earnings that sort of thing
There were quite a few questions like these
But when it came to sex he answered yes please

Now I must help you and shorten this tale
This site worked and he contacted a Gal
They arrange a time and a place to meet
A cyber cafe just down the street

He arrived with plenty of time to spare
And was quickly ushered to a waiting chair
In front of a computer, he turned it on
Thinking what’s going down here is this a con

He stared intently at the monitor
Welcome to “Mega Bit” my name is Monica
And I will be your date for tonight
It wasn’t so bad after the initial fright

I met him again the very next day
He shook my hand saying thank you Ray
I was confused asking how was your night?
“It was good, in fact it was a delight”

She had a mainframe to die for
She even had a modern duel core
Said she would like a little more Ram
Showed me what she could do with her inbuilt web cam

In her memory there’s so much to be explored
Next date she’ll introduce me to her Motherboard
I truly can not wait till next week
“Oh well! Once a Geek always a Geek”

© Ray Gorringe 2010

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me happy.

India vice verser said...

Thank you UK Soaps I am pleased that you are as happy as my wife is with your EE postings.