Friday, November 27, 2009

Just Walking














Many years ago, when I was quite young
My life seemed to be lived on the run
With something new around every bend
Trying to keep up with the latest trend
Now I am much older, and wiser they say
I tend to live my life from day to day
So now I just walk, slowed down my pace
Realising life is not a winning race
I’m walking, just walking towards my end
For this could be just around the next bend
Turn left, turn right or go straight on
Not forgetting where I started from
The final destination no one really knows
The journey will have had its highs and its lows
I hope and I pray that my legs will carry me
For at this time, the end I can not see
When this end for me, does come into view
I will be content at being one of the lucky few
Assured in the knowledge that after the pain
I will be ready to start my journey all over again

No comments: