Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Silent Wishes & Secret Kisses

















She is a Goddess of the silver screen
Every one of her movies I have seen
She’s such a beautiful Bollywood Diva
And I have little chance to ever meet her
For I am a lowly vendor of sugared chi
With nothing about me to catch her eye
I have many pictures of her on by wall
Hours spent gazing upon them all
There’s a poster of her pasted high
Behind my stall in central Mumbai
Every day I raise my eyes above
I can not openly display my love
I just have my recurring dream
Where I’m a hero, and in the final scene
I rescue her from a villain’s evil intention
And in this fantasy of my own invention
She loses her heart to me alone
The happiest ending I’ve ever known
But alas I wake up to reality
Knowing that it could never be
But I’m allowed my silent wishes
And the thoughts of secret kisses

No comments: