Thursday, October 22, 2009

I The Wishing Well












You think that being a Wishing Well
Would be a very good profession
A hole in the right location
Water added for effect
Just wait and monies thrown in
You would be so very wrong
So I’ll give you an explanation
For I am but an halfway house
I don’t make the final decision
I have to listen to all the wishes
I have to make a choice
I pass on those wishes based on merit
Others I disregard
I hear wishes based on torment
And wishes based on greed
Wishes based on sorrow
And wishes based on greed
Wishes based on loss
And wishes based on greed
I have to understand inflection
To justify my reaction
When I hear these words
“I wish my Father could die”
Is he is ill and in great pain
Or does he own a large plot of land
I once had a man with gold around his neck
Gold on his wrist
He dropped a sovereign into me
This alone would have satisfied many wishes
I wondered as it fell would this be for health
No it was extra wealth
My bed is not a good place to be
Among the route of all evil
And the evil that lies within
If I were allowed a wish
This is what it would be
That there were no need
No need for a wishing well

No comments: