Thursday, September 3, 2009

MY MOTHER R.I.P.

The phone rang in the middle of the night
But phones don’t ring then, a feeling of fright
Is that Ray said the voice on the line
A quiet voice, a nice voice thought all was fine
This is the Hospital my heart missed a beat
Goose pimples appeared from my head to my feet
You had better come, please come right away
Worried now what more would she say
It’s a heart attack I’m afraid your Mother is dyeing
Before the phone disconnected I was crying
I should not have driven that starless night
I struggled for vision with tear filled sight
Entering the Hospital which way to the ward
Where is my Mother to a nurse I implored
I was warned at the entrance, It won’t be long
For the sake of my Mother I must appear strong
Tears had subsided, I still felt their embrace
But only concern should show on my face
She was sleeping as I approached her side
Wires, Tubes, bottles and a pulsating light
Is this my Mother have they made a mistake
Let it be true for both of our sake
But no it was my Mother I recognised her face
A fact a truth of which I could not erase
I wrapped my arms around her and I pressed her to my heart
She knew it was me and she woke up with a start
She looked into my pleading eyes a smile for me to see
I’m alright now you are here, I knew she’d wait for me
This moment was lost in the sound of alarms
As my Mother sweet Mother died in my arms
I realised then that we all must die
She was at peace and so was I
Mother Mother R.I.P.

No comments: