Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I THE COCONUT












I have found a beach not far from me
Pure white sand and a crystal sea
A wonderful place to just unwind
And leave all stresses of work behind

I watch the waves as they ebb and flow
The pace of life, it seems so slow
A Coconut tumbles in and out
Almost lands then turns about

Is this a local nut, has it been here before
Or did it journey here from a far off shore
I think of the places it may have been
All the exotic places it could have seen

I wonder how many oceans it has crossed
But here I feel that it’s looking lost
I pick it up, I throw, with all my might
Across the waves and out of sight

It passes over the first wave spray
And it so very slowly drifts away
Places unknown for it to travel
A mystery for my mind to unravel

I lay down with my feet in the sea
Envying this nut, that I’d set free
There dreaming with my eyes tight shut
I now became this fortunate lucky Coconut

No comments: