Monday, September 21, 2009

FOOTPRINTS















Do you remember that day so long ago
When time passed by so tranquil so slow
On that beach, where I suggested Hide and Seek
You ran off leaving me with just a peck on the cheek
Do you remember I found you right away
I noticed your annoyance but you did not say
You questioned how I found you as we laid there in the sand
I did not answer, I just smiled and kissed your tiny hand
Now I must tell you after so many splendid years
Years of joy, years of love of sad and happy tears
It wasn’t your breathing your rustling you didn’t make a sound
I just followed your tiny footprints right there on the ground
I’m telling you now as the days get shorter, the years speed past
This recollection has helped in its way to make our marriage last
For every time we fall out or argue over many different things
In my heart and in my soul this memory loudly sings
As I always recall those footprints on the ground
And the everlasting love that we so surely found
With the sorrow the pain the anguish we’ve been through
These tiny footprints again and again, have led me back to you

No comments: