Friday, June 5, 2009

SHIMU’S TAIL
From our very first day I gave you unconditional love
I knew then that we were good together
You spoke to me gently and I wagged my tail
You stroked me, you hugged me and I felt your love
I didn’t ask much of you, I didn’t have to
We walked along that sandy beach, we even had a swim
I was scared then but I trusted you, I felt so secure
For many days, for many months unfolding into years
We were friends, you and me always side by side
But what happened, what did I do
To make you change so much
Did I bite you did I growl did I change somehow
Then why did the hand that showed me love
With tender gentle strokes
Suddenly hurt me and hurt me so deep
How can the lead that preempted joy
Tether me, imprison me, bind me in despair
How can the food bowl a source of delight
Rarely appear and then at night
Please tell me and tell me true
Is it me or is it you
I would tell you if only I could speak
That if you came back to me, as you were then
I would forgive you, I would love you and I’d wag my tail

No comments: